Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Time

It’s time. It’s time to start living deliberately. It’s time for me to stop letting life just happen, and time to start steering it where I want it to go. Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy where my life’s headed so far, but I’ve been lucky. I’ve had some great things happen to me and some bad things, who hasn't? But that’s just the thing – they happened to me. I’ve been letting things happen and hoping for the best.

"The ordinary man is passive... Against major events he is as helpless as against the elements. So far from endeavoring to influence the future, he simply lies down and lets things happen to him." - George Orwell

I'm tired of being ordinary and I'm tired of being passive. So this blog is my way of working through things in my mind to make that change - from a nice guy to a good guy to a great man. I'm going to be honest with myself and with you. You're welcome to come along if you'd like and see what happens. It's about all aspects of life - fatherhood, marriage, self, mental, physical, spiritual, and any other parts I can't remember or don't know about yet. Stay tuned.

No comments: